Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Poor Clares

Antonia has a lovely post about a friend of hers who is hoping to enter the Poor Clares imminently. Do keep her friend in your prayers as she goes through the application process.

As a child I always spent a couple of weeks each summer in the guest house of a Convent of enclosed Nuns (yes, I guess we are slightly unusual!). I still have a profound sense of spiritual communion with that community, where one of the Nuns prays for me daily. I am totally convinced that I would never have managed to persevere in my vocation if it wasn't for the prayers of my contemplative friends. They really are the pillars that support the Church, like Aaron and Hur holding up the arms of Moses.

Perhaps we could also pray particularly for them at this time, and for more vocations to their communities.

No comments: