Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Freedom!

I went to confession this afternoon so am in very joyful mood this evening. I never lose my sense of wonder at the Lord's mercy. It's so exciting to be able to begin anew with Him, in a state of grace.

I feel very drawn at the moment to a deeper relationship with St Faustina, and to meditating more deeply on divine mercy.

I also feel deeply grateful in another way. It's such a privilege as a seminarian to have a dedicated seminary spiritual director, who lives in the building and always has time to hear your confession. He knows me very well, and has such a wisdom in guiding me. At the moment I go to confession every couple of weeks, but I do feel increasingly attracted to going more frequently. I'd be grateful for your prayers as I discern this with my spiritual director. Oh, and this is worth reading...



Flippant vocations poster to put next to the confessionals: "Tired of waiting for confession? Skip the queue, become a seminarian!"

3 comments:

Mulier Fortis said...

The Holy Father goes every week, so did John Paul the Great. And most of the great saints recommend frequent confession. Go for it! (You're in my prayers)

DP said...

Flippant vocations poster to put next to the confessionals: "Tired of waiting for confession? Skip the queue, become a seminarian!"

Hahaha...

Although, my friends who are in seminary claim that the line-ups for confession before morning Mass the first morning after a "home-visit weekend" are always much much much longer than typical. Something about being away from the seminary environment for a weekend leads to an exponential increase in the line-up length.

Gildas said...

Thanks for prayers.

I always find that leaving the Seminary for the weekend affords rather more opportunities for reckless driving than being in the Seminary...