Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Liturgical Smorgasbord

Yesterday was a very holy day for me, I spent the majority of it in Westminster Cathedral only leaving for lunch, which I had to have on my own as my brothers fled while I was in the confessional.

The day began with the Sacrament of Penance in the New Rite, then, once I had rejoined my brothers, we all attended the Syrian Orthodox Vespers (see below) and immediately after that we went to the Old Rite Mass where I used my new 1962 Missal for the first time - I can't tell you how much better Mass is when you can actually follow it!

It is either a sure sign of a vocation or complete madness when a seminarian spends his entire day off in church sampling different liturgical rites!

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful and holy day. Hurray! :)