Monday, April 16, 2007

Christus Resurrexit

Happy Easter to you all. I've actually become very used to only using the internet for essentials over Lent, an experience which I might extend…


The highlight of Easter for me was the Baptism of a close friend from university. He took the Confirmation name of Edmund after St Edmund Campion, and I had the privilege of being his godfather. It was a very powerful and beautiful time and he is really delighted. He also heard last week that he's been accepted onto a Graduate Medical Programme, so will be another great Catholic doctor.

As Easter gifts, I gave him a couple of books. The first, Living the Mysteries: A Guide for Unfinished Christians is brilliant. It's a series of mystagogical homilies from the early Fathers of the Church for the period from Easter to Pentecost. There's a homily for each day, with a question and thought for reflection. I heartily commend it.

I also got him a copy of the excellent Catholicism for Dummies by the fabulous Rev. John Trigilio and Rev. Kenneth Brighenti.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Dummies book is a good one; congratulations!